Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Goodbye Fruit Flies


Well after weeks of madness the harvests are winding down, the weather is getting cooler, and the fruit flies are finally moving on or dieing. I'm not sure which. They tend to become the bane of my existence the last few weeks of summer, beginning of fall.

Tonight to continue my thwarting of the last few those pesky flies all those bananas they've been eying that were sitting getting speckled in the kitchen are getting turned in to bread and muffins. Not just any bread either but Apricot Banana Bread. The recipe below is wonderful, I do use the Mariani Apricots if I can find them but any good, moist, dried apricot will do. I love banana bread but this just raises the level of bread way above yum for me and adds a little tang. Oh boy and is it ever good toasted with butter or cream cheese. Now lets see if I can keep from eating it after it comes out of the oven.

Tomorrow night is my final time to finish my Sugar High Friday project with my nephew Sal. But, until that's unveiled here's the Mariani Orchard Recipe for Apricot Banana Bread, all I can say is try it you'll like it.

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup Mariani Mediterranean Apricots, chopped
3/4 cup ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, apricots and nuts. Mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl, combine mashed banana, milk and egg. Stir in dry ingredients, mix until well blended. Pour mixture into a 9” x 5” loaf pan, bake for 1 hour or until bread begins to pull away from the sides of the pan and wooden toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove loaf out of pan and place onto a rack to cool completely.

Makes 1 loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment